The liquidity of the Orange County Treasurer’s Investment Pool was hammered last week as the City of Tustin withdrew $40 million and the State of California announced its intentions to soon pull out another $90 million. It was also reported that no other member of the Auditor-Controller bureaucracy is willing to accept the head job, following the resignations of County Treasury Oversight Chairman George Jefferies and the exit of the Auditor-Controller David Sundstrom and Assistant Auditor-Controller Shaun Skelly. In a move reminiscent of the listing Titanic telling passengers after hitting the iceberg that the band will continue to play on deck for their enjoyment, the office of the Orange County Treasurer that manages local schools payroll and savings accounts sought to reassure a Friday meeting of school Superintendents that there was a “70% chance they would be able to get their money and only a 30% they would not.” Continue reading
IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 25, 2012
Contact: Howard Sutter, 714.834.6203 office, Howard.Sutter@ocgov.com
Recruitment Begins for County Auditor-Controller
(Santa Ana, CA) — The Orange County Board of Supervisors has initiated the recruitment process to select the County’s next Auditor-Controller.
The Board is seeking candidates to replace David Sundstrom, who is resigning January 31 to become Auditor, Controller, Treasurer and Tax Collector in Sonoma County. Specific educational and professional qualifications for Auditor-Controller candidates are detailed in California Government Code section 26945. Since Auditor-Controller is an elected office, the individual appointed must also be a registered voter within the County of Orange and be qualified to vote for that office at the time of appointment. Continue reading