By: OC Supervisor Lisa Bartlett
The Boards of Directors of the San Joaquin Hills (SJHCTA) and Foothill/Eastern (F/ETCA) Transportation Corridor Agencies approved Fiscal Year 2016 (FY16) budgets totaling $285.3 million; comprised of $124.3 million for the SJHTCA and $161 million for the F/ETCA.
Both agencies are on solid financial ground after refinancing nearly $4 billion of bonds issued to build the 73, 133, 241 and 261 Toll Roads. By restructuring the agencies’ debt profile, the Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) improved its credit ratings, created future flexibility for capital improvement projects and restored toll setting authority to the Boards of Directors.
FY16 initiatives include:
- Enhance website and customer service call center to provide customers with a great experience and continually maintain TCA’s strong and lasting relationship with drivers
- Advance the planning and construction of the 241/91 Direct Express Lanes Connector
- Explore transportation planning concepts that involve sustainable community strategies and active transportation mandates to complete the vision of the 241 Toll Road
- Strengthen regional partnerships to pursue solutions to Southern California’s mobility challenges
- Implement comprehensive outreach plan for visitors, tourism industry and rental car agencies
- Ensure accountability of TCA’s robust environmental program by addressing land conservation; wildlife protection; and air and water quality management
- With the continued recovery of Southern California’s economy, FY15 combined transactions are up by more than 2 percent and combined transactional toll revenue is expected to be up nearly 8 eight percent over FY14. The Toll Roads record nearly 280,000 transactions per day.
FY16 transactional toll revenues for both SJHTCA and F/ETCA are projected to grow by 3 percent per corridor through a 2 percent inflationary toll rate increase at all locations. The toll rate increase ranges from 1 cent to 13 cents depending on the location and time of the day. Changes in toll rates will go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, July 1, 2015.