The California Republican Assembly, led by their President John Briscoe from Fountain Valley, published this after last week’s election:
Dear CRA Members:
Last night was a huge victory for CRA. Many of our endorsements in High-Profile races performed extremely well. The chain of events was started at the #CRA2014 convention. That convention shattered multiple paradigms and returned the CRA to the center of the California Republican Universe.
In Orange County, the CRA endorsements were put on to door hangers that were walked to thousands of homes. The CRA had a success rate of 2-1!
Some of our key wins were:
- AD03 James Gallagher
- AD33 Jay Obernolte
- AD36 Tom Lackey destroyed a crowded field
- AD73 Bill Brough – qualifies for runoff in safe R seat despite being outspent 7-1 in the aggregate
- Linda Lindholm for OC Board of Ed
- Jeff Ferguson for OC Judge
- Michelle Steel and Robert Ming both finished first in their respective OC supervisor races.
- In AD74 – CRA-Endorsed Matthew Harper made the runoff despite being outspent 10-1 by a Candidate who had all the endorsements and money.
- CA25 CRA-Endorsed Steve Knight made the runoff despite tons of establishment money being spent to stop him.
- Lisa Sondergard Smittcamp took out a three-term incumbent for Fresno County DA.
- Endorsed LA County Sheriff Candidate Paul Tanaka made the runoff despite an orchestrated smear campaign.
- Pete Peterson for Secretary of State Finished in the Top Two despite a dedicated effort by several wealthy donors attempting to fund Dan Schnur as a “DTS Statement” race.
- CRA Endorsed Controller Candidate Ashley Swearengin finished first despite three other viable candidates and CRA Endorsed LG Candidate Ron Nehring outdistanced a crowded field.
- Even in democrat districts – CRA Endorsements were powerful! In CD30, Mark Reed beat an opponent financed by wealthy donors and in AD04, Charlie Schuapp (as of the date of this letter) was in first place despite an all-out war amongst the democrats in the area! In the Coastal AD02, the President of the California Republican Liberty Caucus Matthew Heath qualified for the runoff despite conventional wisdom suggesting a D vs D runoff.
Because you expected more, the CRA endorsement is, once again, Prized and Powerful.
We are on to the fall, and we must work together to advance the entire Republican Party of which the CRA plays a leading role.
As your CRA President I want to encourage you to rest up, enjoy some downtime and join me on the front lines of a Republican victory in California this fall!
President, California Republican Assembly
About The California Republican Assembly
Chartered in 1934, the CRA is the oldest Grassroots organization in California Republican Politics. The CRA endorsement has long been considered the Gold-Standard for “Republican Bona-Fides” in California. The CRA has over 50 chapters statewide and was referred to as the “Conscience of the Republican Party” by Ronald Reagan in 1976.