FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jan. 30, 2014
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Joel Zlotnik (714) 560-5713, Eric Carpenter (714) 560-5697
OCTA Chairman Shawn Nelson announces 2014 Transportation Initiatives
Goals focus on delivering transportation solutions for all Orange County residents
ORANGE – Orange County Transportation Authority Chairman Shawn Nelson unveiled his strategic initiatives for the year ahead, placing the focus on delivering freeway projects, advancing active transportation programs and maximizing funding and regional opportunities.
Each of the eight initiatives outlines specific projects that are targeted for completion by the end of the year.
“From enhancing transit service to improving freeways, streets and bikeways, OCTA has a tremendous amount of work planned this year designed to make it easier for residents to travel the county,” said OCTA Chairman Shawn Nelson, also the Fourth District Supervisor. “I’m looking forward to working with the board and implementing these initiatives that will improve transportation and keep Orange County moving.”
The strategic initiatives unveiled by Nelson include:
· Delivering freeway improvements
· Providing efficient, customer-friendly bus service
· Optimizing the street system
· Enhancing rail transportation
· Advancing active transportation programs
· Maximizing funding and regional opportunities
· Developing sustainable transportation plans
· Cultivating organizational excellence
Attached is the complete list of the chairman’s initiatives for 2014.
# # #