Two developers – Brookfield and Trumark – contributed nearly $100,000 to elect 3 of the current City Council members in Lake Forest. In turn, these 3 council members have voted extraordinary and unprecedented exemptions to these developers to re-zone a commercial area and put in 240+ new homes. The citizens of Lake Forest, the City staff, and the Planning Commission have all opposed this project, but the City Council nonetheless has ruthlessly rammed through the approvals.
Objections to these homes have included the use of tandem parking, the lack of amenities for children, the dangerous location with respect to traffic, as well as aesthetic aspects of the homes themselves.
These homes will add traffic to a city already burdened with traffic problems, and these homes are in addition to the 4,200+ new homes already approved.
The only hope the people of Lake Forest have of stopping this irresponsible development is to gather 4,000 signatures by September 19.
If you live in Lake Forest and would like to sign the petition or to volunteer to collect petitions try any of these dates and locations:
- Saturday 9/7 – Ralph’s Shopping Center Foothill Ranch – 8:00 am to Noon
- Sunday 9/8 – Shop & Dine at Orchards Center – Noon to 2 pm
- Monday 9/9- Ice cream social at FR Elementary – 4 pm to 6 pm
- Thursday 9/12 – Senior Center Lake Forest City Hall – 9:00 to 10:00
- Saturday 9/14 – Village Pond Park workshop at Lake 1 Clubhouse– 9:00 to 9:30
- Sunday 9/15 – Taste of LF at Towne Center Shopping Center – Noon to 2 pm
- Tuesday 9/17 – City Council Meeting – 6:45 to 7:15 pm
- Thursday 9/19 – Senior Center Lake Forest City Hall – 9:00 to 10:00