In the last 4 years Huntington Beach has entered a new era of fiscal prudence and responsibility:
• The 2013-14 budget for the first time in 6 years has no service cuts or layoffs.
• Our long-term budget plan will pay off two of our unfunded liabilities in 10 years saving the city’s taxpayers $17 million. City employees now pay a higher percentage of their pension obligations with a goal of 8-9 percent
• Paid off our PARS liability saving taxpayers $3.2 million
• The new budget also includes funding for 5 new police officers and adds an ambulance crew to reduce response times
The team’s accomplishments are many:
- Protected and saved the city’s fire-rings
- Replacing street lights with LED lights saving $200,000 a year
- Passed a re-usable bag ordinance
- Creating a Huntington Beach Scenic Trails system
- Working on a new Master Plan that will study the effects of climate change on the city for the first time
- Created a new bicycle master plan
Join us at the home of Debbie Cook to celebrate these accomplishments and hear what’s planned for the next four years.