Alas poor Greg Diamond, the erstwhile DPOC and Occupy “leader” who is running for the 29th State Senate District. The OC Weekly’s R. Scott Moxley has been having fun poking at Diamond in a series of posts that highlight some fun facts:
- Diamond, who is 52 years old but made less than $1,999 in his unaccomplished solo legal practice last year, is–as we’ve documented–entirely incompetent as a candidate and political figure.
- The Orange County Register wrote a Monday story that had nothing to do with Diamond’s laughable campaign but he posted six comments on the article and tried to take credit for Occupy Irvine.
- Know that with the campaign in its final weeks, Diamond–who claims he works with the law firm Jones Day but I’ve yet to see any evidence of his self-serving assertion–hasn’t held even one, meaningful campaign event for himself in his alleged hope to defeat incumbent Republican Bob Huff.
The OC Weekly’s commenters skewered Diamond too:
- MarlenaC: You should see him going into the dems office every night. He lurks in there all creepy like and uses that office to write all of his garbage. Greg D is so gross in every way.
- OCPunk: Spare us the martyrdom, Diamond. You brought this on yourself with your self-righteous chest thumping and bat shit comments on various threads on this site. Not only should you make your State Senate race your last foray into politics, you just need to go away before you make a bigger joke. Now that I think about it, you never fail to disappoint when it comes to showing us Weekly readers how much of a joke of a candidate and a human being that you are.
The best part though was when Diamond admitted that he is a temp:
I do want to clarify the thing about Jones Day, though, because I in no way represent them. I did contract work for Jones Day on commercial litigation matters, through a legal staffing agency, most workdays from either August or September of 2010 through (if memory serves) mid-2011. That’s how I made a good portion of my income in 2011; I started my solo practice later (but Occupy got in the way of revving it up.).
LOL! Poor Diamond never knows when to quit while he’s ahead…