Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney absolutely wrecked himself while visiting our allies in England, Israel and Poland, returing with a new nickname “Mitt the Twit.”
Romney clearly needs to change the subject by announcing his pick for Vice Presidential nominee – but he appears to be looking primarily at Tim Pawlenty and Rob Portman. Groan – those guys are boring and will not help at all. In fact I truly doubt that adding them to the Presidential ticket would result in picking up either of their states on Election Day.
Romney has only one good choice to make – U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, of Florida. Picking Rubio would mollify the Tea Party crowd and even better it would at least somewhat make up for Romney’s ridiculous anti-immigrant statements during the primary, when he urged immigrants to “deport themselves.”
Picking Rubio would mean that Romney would also win an important swing state – Florida, according to a Miami Herald poll.
Rubio scares the Hell out of the Democrats. In fact “former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, a Democrat, has given Rubio what amounts to an endorsement by noting that the Cuban-American Republican would be a threat on a national ticket. That puts Richardson at odds with the liberal talking points, echoed by many in the northeast media, that Rubio isn’t ready, etc.,” according to the Miami Herald.
Not sure if Rubio is ready? Here are a few of Rubio’s speeches:
- How to ensure the 21st Century is another American Century.
- Why the debt ceiling debate was a missed opportunity to tackle our debt problem.
- My Reagan Library speech about the proper role of government in America.
- My Helms Center speech about America’s proper role in the world.
- Why we need policies that create new taxpayers, not new taxes.
- Why we are a nation of haves and soon-to-haves.