Do represents the First District, which includes most of Santa Ana and the West O.C. area known as Little Saigon. Steel represents the 2nd District, a gerrymandered district that stretches form Buena Park in the north to Newport Beach. Continue reading
California Women’s Leadership Association (CWLA) Reception at Andrei’s Conscious Cuisine & Cocktails (2607 Main St, Irvine, CA, 92614) set for Monday, March 16, 2015, at 6:00 PM.
Special Guests: Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel and Vice-Chair Lisa Bartlett. Continue reading
Andrew Do’s defeat of former State Senator Lou Correa in the Jan. 27 First District Special Election has made history by creating a majority Asian Board of Supervisors here in Orange County.
Other Asian County Supervisors include Michelle Steel, a Korean-American who replaced John Moorlach after moving into Orange County from Los Angeles County, and Lisa Barlett, a Japanese-American who replaced Pat Bates. Both Moorlach and Bates termed out. Continue reading
Media Advisory: Friday, December 26, 2014
Contact: Arie Dana, (310) 617-9455
Taxpayer advocate Michelle Steel to be sworn in as newest OC Supervisor Monday, January 5, in Santa Ana
Orange County – On Monday, January 5, 2015, at 2:00p.m., the Honorable Michelle Steel will be sworn in as Orange County’s newest member of the Board of Supervisors, in the historic courtroom of the Old Orange County Courthouse in Santa Ana. Steel, who won the November 6th general election with more than 62 percent of the vote, will replace termed-out Second District Supervisor John Moorlach. Steel will be sworn-in by the Honorable Judge James E. Rogan. Continue reading
Will Janet Nguyen help Michele Steel to pay back the $300K she borrowed from herself?
By: Shirley Grindle
According to the latest reports, here are some interesting numbers:
- Michelle Steel: Personally loaned $300,000 – still outstanding. Owes $29,000 to creditors. Has $37,177 in the bank as of Nov. 14, 2014. From July 1 through Sept. 30, she collected $150,000 — 69% of this amount came from Korean constituency residing outside of Orange County.
- Robert Ming: Personally loaned $47,500 – still outstanding. Owes $l4,877 to creditors. Has $8,655 in the bank as of Nov. 14, 2014.
- Lisa Bartlett: Personally loaned $137,000 – still outstanding. Owes $71,481 to creditors. Has $2,929 in the bank as of Nov. 14, 2014.
- Allan Mansoor: Made no loan. Owes
$35,230 $1,733 to creditors. Has $1,851 in the bank as of Nov. 14, 2014. (Note – Mansoor says he has paid off his campaign debt!)
- Webster Guillory: Personally loaned $30,413 – still outstanding. Owes $7,000 to creditors. Has $14,003 in the bank as of Nov. 14, 2014.
- Claude Parrish: Personally loaned $481,200 – still outstanding. Owes $0 to creditors. Has $33 in the bank as of Nov. 14, 2014.