Reportedly over 800 Orange County residents have sent in applications to become the next Orange County Clerk-Recorder. But will any of them really have a chance – or will the seat go to a political appointment?
Former State Senator Dick Ackerman and former State Assemblyman Chris Norby, both Republicans from Fullerton, could be the leaders of the pack. (Ackerman now lives in Irvine).
I am told that Ackerman will likely hire Laura Cunningham, who served as former Supervisor Bill Campbell’s Chief of Staff, if he gets selected to serve as Clerk-Recorder. Continue reading
Both the OC Register and LA Times/Daily Pile have stories today about tomorrow’s sure-to-be-exciting Irvine City Council meeting. We can’t wait — watching Larry Agran and Beth Krom finally take in the shorts is as fun as local politics ever gets.
The new Council majority, Lalloway, Shea and Choi, will surely vote to audit the Great Park’s finances, cancel $1.1 million in sole-sourced Forde & Mollrich and Townsend PR contracts and, best of all, eliminate the four outside crony Board members — leaving just the five member Council as all that’s left of it. Once might ask, since the papers didn’t, why there’s any longer any need at all for the Board if it’s effectively absorbed into the Council. Continue reading
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 2, 2012
Contact: Howard Sutter,714.834.6203 office, Howard.Sutter@ocgov.com
County of Orange Officials Remember Former Supervisor Charles V. Smith
(Santa Ana, CA) — The Orange County Board of Supervisors adjourned today’s Board meeting in memory of former First District Supervisor Charles V. “Chuck”Smith, who died this weekend at age 80.
In offering today’s adjournment, current First District Supervisor Janet Nguyen noted that Supervisor Smith had remained involved in the First District after his time on the Board and was well respected by many. Continue reading
Norberto Santana, the Editor in Chief at the Voice of OC, said today on KPCC’s Airtalk that the Voice of OC is going to sue the County of Orange to compel the release of the letter written by “Alisa Drakodaidis, which reportedly contains allegations of improper actions by several county supervisors and District Attorney Tony Rackauckas.”
Orange County officials are now arguing that the public should not see the details of the Drakodaidis letter because “the letter contains personnel information, the disclosure of which would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy,” according to the Voice of OC. Continue reading
“Orange County Public Works Director Jess Carbajal was fired Monday, just a week after District Attorney Tony Rackauckas charged one of his former top executives, Carlos Bustamante, with multiple sex crimes,” according to the Voice of OC.
“The move comes after Bustamante, a Santa Ana city councilman, was charged earlier this month with more than 12 felonies in connection with the alleged sexual assault of more than seven women over eight years, according to the L.A. Times. Continue reading