FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 1/20/2017
Contact: Ali Navid, Chief of Staff, 916-319-2055
ASSEMBLYMAN PHILLIP CHEN APPOINTED VICE CHAIR OF BANKING & FINANCE COMMITTEE
SACRAMENTO, CA — Assemblyman Phillip Chen has been appointed by Speaker Anthony Rendon and Assembly Republican Leader Chad Mayes to serve as Vice Chair of the powerful State Assembly Banking & Finance committee.
The appointment as Vice Chair to the Banking and Finance Committee is a rare honor for a freshman legislator.
Assemblyman Chen’s full committee assignments include:
- Banking and Finance, Vice Chair
- Utilities & Energy, Member
- Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Member
- Revenue and Taxation, Member
- Rules Committee, Member
Following the announcement of his committee assignments, Assemblyman Chen issued the following statement:
“I’m honored to have been appointed by Speaker Rendon and Republican Leader Mayes to serve as Vice Chair of the Assembly’s Banking and Finance Committee.
As a small business owner, I know the difficulty many entrepreneurs face in getting the loans they need to start the business of their dreams and aiding to create more middle-class jobs.
I look forward to having a leadership role in helping to put more Californians back to work.”
The responsibilities of the committees are as follows:
- Banking and Finance — Primary jurisdictions are Financial Institutions, Real Property Finance, Consumer Finance, and Corporate Securities Law.
- Utilities & Energy — Primary jurisdictions are public utilities.
- Revenue and Taxation — Primary jurisdiction is the Revenue and Taxation Code.
- Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials — Primary jurisdictions are toxic substances and hazardous materials, hazardous waste regulation, drinking water regulation, and pesticides.
- Rules — Primary jurisdictions are proposed amendments to the rules, and other matters relating to the business of the Legislature.
Assemblyman Chen is a Small Business Owner and former educator. The 55th Assembly District represents portions of Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties.
For more information please visit https://ad55.asmrc.org/.