State Senator John Moorlach has announced his recommendations for the many ballot measures that we will be voting on in the upcoming November 2016 General Election.
Here are Moorlach’s picks:
Proposition Number/Subject/ and Thoughts Position
- Prop. 51 – $9 Billion Education Bond for New and Retrofit Capital Projects – NO. Will average $500 million per year in principal and interest payments out of the General Fund — Unaffordable
- Prop. 52 – California Medi-Cal Hospital Reimbursement Initiative – YES. Assists in matching funding waiver with Medicaid and Medicare Services.
- Prop. 53 – Voter Approval Requirement on State Revenue Bonds above $2B – YES. Currently, only General Obligation Bonds require voter approval
- Prop. 54 – Public Display of Legislative Bills – YES! Requires bills be in print for 72 hours before being voted on.
- Prop. 55 – Extension of Proposition 30 Income Tax Increase – NO. Public unions extending “temporary” income tax on wealthy for 12 years.
- Prop. 56 – Healthcare, Research & Prevention Tobacco Tax – NO. $2 tax increase on a pack of cigarettes — Will create a black market.
- Prop. 57 – Parole of Non-Violent Criminals & Juvenile Criminal Proceedings – NO. Gov. Brown’s piling on of AB 109 & Prop. 47 — Will increase homelessness.
- Prop. 58 – Non-English Language Education – NO. Amends and repeals Prop. 227 — A “total immersion” that is working.
- Prop. 59 – Overturn of Citizens United Act – Advisory Question – NO. An advisory question — Why bother the electorate?
- Prop. 60 – Condoms Required for Performers in Adult Films – NO.Smart personal hygiene should be expected, not required or mandated.
- Prop. 61 – State Prescription Drug Purchases. Pricing Standards – NO. Regulates the price that can be paid by the state
- Prop. 62 – Death Penalty Repeal – NO. I support the death penalty.
- Prop. 63 – Large Capacity Ammunition Magazine Ban – NO. I support the right to keep and bear arms
- Prop. 64 – Marijuana Legalization – NO. This is not working in the state of Colorado.
- Prop. 65 – Redirecting Mandated Carry-Out Bag Fee – NO. Brilliant tactic, but is a ploy to confuse voters on Prop. 67.
- Prop. 66 – Death Penalty Reform – YES. I support the death penalty.
- Prop. 67 – Referendum on Ban of Single Use Plastic Bags – NO. I support the use of plastic bags; helpful for the poor who walk to stores.