For Immediate Release: October 5, 2015
Contact: Dave Jacobson, (818) 943-2348, Shallman Communications
CA LATINO LEGISLATIVE CAUCUS CHAIR ENDORSES CORREA FOR CONGRESS
Lou Correa Receives Heavyweight Endorsement from California Latino Legislative Caucus Chair & Assemblyman Luis Alejo
SANTA ANA, CA— Serving as further evidence of his continued momentum, today former State Senator Lou Correa secured a hefty endorsement from California Latino Legislative Caucus Chair and State Assemblyman Luis Alejo in his campaign to represent California’s 46th Congressional District.
In announcing his support of Correa, California Latino Legislative Caucus Chair and State Assemblyman Luis Alejo remarked:
“No candidate is more prepared or better suited to represent California’s 46th District than Lou Correa. He’s been a fearless leader on so many issues, from job creation and public safety, to increasing investments in education, improving access to healthcare, and more. Lou is the best choice for Congress and he has my wholehearted support.”
Underscoring his strong status in the race, former State Senator Lou Correa has built up a dynamic list of early support from the following leaders and groups:
- California Small Business Association
- Building Our Leadership Diversity (BOLD) PAC
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chair and Congresswoman Linda Sánchez
- Congresswoman & former State Assembly Speaker Karen Bass
- Congressman Juan Vargas
- Congressman Alan Lowenthal
- California’s State Treasurer John Chiang
- California’s Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson
- California State Senate President Pro-Tem Kevin de León
- California Board of Equalization Chair Jerome Horton
- Santa Ana City Council Member Michele Martinez
- Santa Ana Unified School District Board President John Palacio
- Santa Ana Unified School District Clerk Valerie Amezcua
- Santa Ana Unified School District Board Member José Alfredo Hernández, J.D.
- Los Angeles City Councilman, past State Senator Gil Cedillo
Correa served in the California State Senate, representing the 34th District, from 2006- 2014 and served the cities of Anaheim, Buena Park, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Stanton and Westminster. Prior to the Senate, he served on the Orange County Board of Supervisors representing the 1st District. Before his time on the Board, Correa served in the California State Assembly representing the 69th District.
For more information, please visit www.LouCorrea.com.