Concerned residents convinced the Garden Grove City Council, at their meeting tonight, to oppose the Orange County Vector Control District’s plans to conduct aerial spraying of mosquito poison over our homes. The Garden Grove City Council is sending a letter to the Vector Control District asking them to delay the spraying and hold public hearings, according to KCBS News.
A Facebook group committed to stopping the spraying now has over 1,500 members. Click here to join. Many of these concerned residents protested at the offices of the Vector Control District, in Garden Grove, today.
As usual the Vector Control District is trying to scare us but the reality is that this spraying is not necessary. They are doing it to justify their budget and their continued pilfering of our property tax dollars.
The Vector Control District used the Labor Day holiday to hide their announcement about the spraying – and did not even tell the Orange County Supervisors what they were planning to do.
We must continue to fight back! The spraying is supposed to start tomorrow night, on Sep. 9, over the cities of Orange, Tustin, Villa Park and portions of Anaheim, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Santa Ana and Stanton between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Click here to find the contact info for your O.C. Supervisor. Click here for a contact list of all the members of the O.C. Vector Control District’s Board. These are mostly political hacks who are on the Board to collect a stipend. Time to wake them up and let them know how upset you are about the spraying! Santa Ana residents can call Vector Control District Board Member Cecilia Aguinaga at (714) 478-2918.
Here are some more local elected and appointed officials you should contact:
- Michael Hearst, OC Vector Control District Manager – Email. (714) 971-2421, Ext. 129.
- Chairman of the OC Board of Supervisors Todd Spitzer – Email. (714) 834-3330.
- Supervisor Andrew Do – Email. (714) 834.3110. (Represents Santa Ana – and he serves on the OC Vector Control Board)
- Supervisor Shawn Nelson – Email. (714) 834-3440.
- Supervisor Michelle Steel – Email. (714) 834-3220.
- Supervisor Lisa Bartlett – Email. (714) 834-3550
- The Santa Ana City Council. Email them here.
- Santa Ana Councilwoman Michele Martinez, Ward 2. Email her here and here. Call her at (714) 887-9845.
- Santa Ana Councilman David Benavides, Ward 4. Email him here and here. Call him at (714) 475-1630.
- Santa Ana Councilman Sal Tinajero, Ward 6. Email him here and here. Call him at (714) 552-2800.
- Santa Ana Councilman Roman Reyna, Ward 5. Email him here. Call him at 714-647-6900. (He also represents Santa Ana on the OC Vector Control Board)
- Santa Ana Mayor Pro Tem Vince Sarmiento, Ward 1. Email him here. Call him at 714-647-6900.
- Santa Ana Councilwoman Angie Amezcua, Ward 3. Email her here. Call her at 714-647-6900.
- Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido. Email him here. Call him at 714-647-6900.
- Santa Ana City Manager David Cavazos. Email him here. Call him at (714) 647-5200.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has oversight over the spraying of insecticides. Their Director in Southern California is Steven Leonido-John – Email. (213) 244-1804.