By Supervisor Lisa Bartlett
In November, prior to my swearing-in, the Board of Supervisors approved the Orange County Legislative Platform for 2015. This document serves as a guide for our involvement at the State and Federal levels of government.
At that time, the following six legislative proposals were adopted and presented for ratification:
Funding Equity for Orange County:
- Regional Housing Needs Assessment (RHNA) Reform
- Amendments to Public Works Alternative Procurement Methods: Design-Build, Job Order Contracts (JOC) and Construction Manager At-Risk (CMAR)
- Authorize the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) to Contract with Orange County for Enforcement of the County’s Campaign Finance Reform Ordinance
- Limiting Cost of Living Adjustments – Orange County Employees Retirement System
- Orange County Transportation Authority Public Member Term Limits
On Tuesday, the Board voted unanimously to remove the last two proposals from the Orange County Platform for this year and focus on pursuing the first four proposals.
As stated, this document serves as a guideline for the County, but it can be amended if needed throughout the year. For more information on the platform please click here.