LPC’s 2015 Annual Convention!
Monday, February 2, 2015 – LPC proudly announces that our annual convention of delegates will be Sunday, May 31, 2015 at the Tropicana Las Vegas! The convention will be held in conjunction with three major Libertarian events that begin Thursday, May 28.
• LPEX (Libertarian Political Expo)
• LSLA meeting (Libertarian State Leaders Alliance)
• LP Nevada Convention
Details and registration for each event are forthcoming, so be sure to watch LPC’s home page for news about them.
LPC’s annual convention of delegates is the Party’s annual business meeting. This year, delegates will elect officers, At-large representatives, Alternate At-large members, and will also deliberate resolutions and endorsements. If you wish to serve as your county Party’s sole delegate to the Platform Committee, your county Party affiliate must report your appointment to LPC’s office before May 1, 2015.
Delegates must be LPC members in good standing, which entails the following:
1. If eligible to vote in California, not registered with any political party other than the Libertarian Party of California
2. Having a signed Non-Initiation of Force certificate on file with LPC or the national LP
3. Dues paid at least through May 2015, or then serving in a California public office that you won running as a Libertarian
As well, delegates may be required to pay admission to the convention.
If you wish to become a delegate but you’ve never been a dues-paying member of LPC, you must join by March 2, 2015 to become eligible.
Questions? E-mail LPC’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (916) 446-1776.