The Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education is currently accepting applications for provisional appointment to fill a vacancy created when former trustee Bao Nguyen was elected to serve as the mayor of Garden Grove.
The application and supplemental materials are available below and must be submitted to the Office of the Superintendent before 5:00 p.m. on January 6, 2015. All eligible Garden Grove Unified School District residents who are interested in the position are encouraged to apply.
In order to be eligible to serve as a trustee, applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a citizen of the state of California
- Have his/her primary residence within the GGUSD boundaries
- Be a registered voter
- Have no criminal convictions, as per Government Code 1770, 3000-3003Due to the in-process move to election by trustee area, consideration may also be given to the trustee area of residence of each candidate as one of the factors in selection.All applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will have their applications and qualifications reviewed by the Board of Education. The new trustee will be appointed at the regular Board meeting on January 20, 2015. The term office for the provisional appointment will continue until the general election in November 2016. For more information, contact the Public Information Office at (714) 663-6503.
- Provisional appointment .docx
- Provisional appointment Application.pdf
- Supplemental Materials Board of Education Application.pdf