The Association of Orange County Deputy Sheriffs’ PAC has announced their 2014 General Election endorsements.
Their endorsements are bipartisan with a few surprises as they endorsed:
- Janet Nguyen (R-Garden Grove), 34th State Senate District
- Sharon Quirk-Silva (D-Fullerton), 65th Assembly District
- Travis Allen (R-Huntington Beach), 72nd Assembly District
- Tom Daly (D-Anaheim), 69th Assembly District
- All the Democrats running for statewide office except in the 4th District of the Board of Equalization race where they endorsed Diane Harkey, a Republican, instead of Nader Shahatit, a Democrat
- They endorsed Republican Congressional candidates Ed Royce (39th District) and Mimi Walters (45th District) but also endorsed two House Democrats including Loretta Sanchez (46th District), Alan Lowenthal (46th District)
- They only endorsed in four local races. Notably they rejected Santa Ana Council Members Michele Martinez and David Benavides as well as their colleague Roman Reyna, who is running an ill-advised Mayoral campaign.