When incumbents do not file for re-election the filing period is extended.
SANTA ANA, CA – August 8, 2014 – The Registrar of Voters announced today that the nomination period has been extended until August 13, 2014, 5:00 p.m. for the offices listed below because the incumbent failed to file Nomination Papers by the August 8, 2014 deadline.
Any qualified person, other than the incumbent, can now file the Nomination Papers until August 13, 2014, 5:00 p.m., in the office of the Registrar of Voters, 1300 South Grand Avenue, Building C, Santa Ana, California.
Business hours are: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For further information, call the Registrar of Voters office at 714-567-7600, hit option “0” and ask for “Candidate and Voters Services” division.
CONTESTS THAT HAVE HAD THE CANDIDATE FILING EXTENDED:
- Capistrano Unified School District, Trustee Area 4
- Laguna Beach Unified School District
- Newport-Mesa Unified School District, Trustee Area 2, Full-term
- Santa Ana Unified School District
- Anaheim City School District
- Buena Park School District
- Centralia School District
- Cypress School District
- Fountain Valley School District
- Huntington Beach City School District
- La Habra City School District
- Capistrano Bay Community Services District
- Rossmoor Community Services District
- Surfside Colony Community Services District
- Silverado-Modjeska Recreation and Park District, Full-term
- Silverado-Modjeska Recreation and Park District, Short-term
- Surfside Colony Storm Water Protection District
- El Toro Water District
- Orange County Water District, Division 1
- South Coast Water District
- Municipal Water District of Orange County, Division 5
# # #
About the Registrar of Voters:
The Registrar of Voters is responsible for conducting elections in the County of Orange, the fifth largest voting jurisdiction in the United States with 1.6 million registered voters. We are a County agency, which receives funding from the County’s General Fund and periodic reimbursement from the federal government, the State of California and local jurisdictions.Read more >>
For Background Information Only:
Orange County Registrar of Voters