OC Taxpayers Association. That sounds like something good, right? But their PAC just dumped $22,000 into the struggling Supervisorial campaign of Frank Ury, who serves on the Mission Viejo City Council.
According to the finance reports filed in February, the leading conservative candidate for the 5th Supervisorial District, Robert Ming raised $98,457, while Lisa Bartlett raised $53,162 and Ury raised $38,746, counting all monetary and in-kind contributions. Ming had 238 donors, far more than the combined number of donors reported by Bartlett at 98 and Ury at 58. He closed the filing period with $103,744 cash on hand, more than any other candidate, as we reported.
So who belongs to the OC Taxpayers Association? Their board includes former Tustin Mayor Jerry Amante – yet another lobbyist/consultant; and representatives of a number of special interests including the Irvine Company, various utilities, Disneyland, and the O.C. Association of Realtors. Of course you will find dreadful lobbyist Curt Pringle there too. Where do these people get off pretending to represent the taxpayers of Orange County? If anything these are the damn leeches who work overtime to rip us off! Click here to see the rest of their awful Board of Directors. They are a bunch of special interests and their main goal is to use tax money to advance their pet projects!
Why do conservatives dislike Ury so much? Because he has a long history of wasting tax money on stupid projects as a member of the Mission Viejo City Council. Why do the hacks at the OC Taxpayers Association want this guy on the OC Board of Supervisors? Because he will be their boy but you can bet he won’t do a good job of looking out for the public interest.
By the way, for a good laugh take a look at Ury’s other endorsements. It is a Who’s Who of Orange County’s very worst politicians including:
- Dick Ackerman, Former Senator & Minority Leader – LOBBYIST/CONSULTANT
- Curt Pringle, Former Assembly Speaker, Former Mayor of Anaheim – LOBBYIST/CONSULTANT
- Bill Campbell,Former Orange County Supervisor & Assembly Republican Leader – Tried to appoint a guy who covered up for molesters to an OC Commission
- Mayor Pro Tem Dave Leckness, Mission Viejo
- Mayor Trish Kelley, Mission Viejo
- Mayor Phil Tsunoda, Aliso Viejo – CONSULTANT/GOVERNMENT LEECH
- Paul Glaab, Former Mayor, Laguna Niguel – LOBBYIST/CONSULTANT
- Mayor Pro Tem Kris Murray, Anaheim – Voted to give millions of tax dollars to a hotel developer!
- Councilmember Gail Eastman, Anaheim – Voted to give millions of tax dollars to a hotel developer!
- Jerry Amante, Former Tustin Mayor – LOBBYIST/CONSULTANT
- Director Brett Barbre, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California – LOBBYIST/CONSULTANT
- Lucy Dunn, President, Orange County Business Council
- Jon Fleischman – LOBBYIST/CONSULTANT – Former PR hack for disgraced OC Sheriff Mike Carona
To compound things for Ury he fell flat on his face recently when he tried but failed to secure the endorsement of the OC GOP’s Central Committee.