Apparently the California Republican Assembly is holding an endorsing convention today in Buena Park. The CRA is a grassroots organization that doesn’t have many members but their endorsement is sought after by conservative Republican candidates.
Our writer Aaron Park has been posting updates on his Facebook page and the Republican bloggers at the OC Political Blog have been doing so as well on their blog. Here are the latest CRA endorsements:
- OC Board of Supervisors, 2nd District – 8 votes were cast for Michelle Steel. 9 votes were cast for Allan Mansoor. That is pretty shocking as Mansoor is by far more conservative than Steel, who a few years ago backed an Agranista mayoral candidate in Irvine.
- CD-26: Jeff Gorrell endorsed
- OC Board of Supervisors, Fifth District Robert Ming unanimous
- 73rd Assembly District: Bill Brough
- 74th Assembly District – Matthew Harper
- CD-25 – Steve Knight takes CRA endorsement
- Paul Tanaka for L.A. County Sheriff
- 45th CD – Mimi Walters did not get the endorsement over John Moorlach as she did not get enought votes. The final vote came to a 14-9 vote margin.
- 36th State Senate District – Pat Bates unanimously endorsed