A fundraising reception has been set for Orange County Superintendent of Schools Dr. Al Mijares, who as of yet does not face a competitor in next year’s election. The reception will be held on November 6, 2013, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm, at Zov’s Restaurant, located at 17440 East 17th St., in Tustin.
Mijares took over for former O.C. Superintendent Bill Habermehl, who retired. You may remember Mijares from his time as the Superintendent of the Santa Ana Unified School District. (He famously endorsed the recall that took out controversial SAUSD Trustee Nativo Lopez).
The Host Committee includes an astounding bipartisan collection of current and former elected officials and business leaders:
- Former O.C. Supervisors and U.S. Ambassador Gaddi Vasquez
- Former O.C. Supervisors Marian Bergeson
- Current Orange County Supervisors Todd Spitzer and John Moorlach
- Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens
- State Senator Lou Correa
- Former O.C. Superintendents of Schools Bill Habermehl and John Dean
- Former State Superintendent of Education David Long
- The CEO of the OC Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Reuben Franco
- The Chairman of the Hispanic 100, Mario Rodriguez
Click here to see the event invitation. A campaign donation of $150 per person or $250 per couple is requested.
For more information contact Al Mijares at (714) 866-9515 or at DrM4studetns@earthlink.net.