FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 10, 2013
Assemblyman Allan Mansoor Endorses Brough
News Comes on the Heals of Trio of Local Endorsements
DANA POINT, CA – The Bill Brough State Assembly campaign today announced that Assemblyman Mansoor (74th Assembly District) has endorsed Bill to be the next Assemblyman from the 73rd district.
“Bill Brough is a solid fiscal conservative who I look forward to working with, his experience will make a difference in Sacramento,” said Assemblyman Mansoor. Mansoor represents the neighboring assembly district and cities of Irvine, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Costa Mesa, and Huntington Beach.
“I am honored to have Assemblyman Mansoor’s support,” said Brough. “Allan has been a leader throughout the years in the Sheriff’s Department, Costa Mesa and Sacramento.”
The news comes days after 3 local leaders endorsed Bill. Laguna Hills Councilmembers Melody Carruth and Dore Gilbert along with Laguna Niguel Councilmember Jerry McCloskey added their names to the growing list of local support. Bill has been endorsed by the following leaders:
- Claude Parrish, Former Board of Equalization Member
- Allan Mansoor, Assemblyman, 74th Assembly District
- Rod Pacheco, Former Republican Assembly Leader
- Tony Beall, Mayor, Rancho Santa Margarita
- Carlos Olvera, Councilman, Dana Point
- Melody Carruth, Councilwoman, Laguna Hills
- Dore Gilbert, Councilman, Laguna Hills
- Jerry McCloskey, Councilman, Laguna Niguel
- Sam Allevato, Mayor Pro Tem, San Juan Capistrano
- Roy Byrnes, Councilman, San Juan Capistrano
- Brett Barbre, Director, Municipal Water District of OC
- Ellen Addonizio, Board Member, Capistrano Unified School District
- Jim Reardon, Board Member, Capistrano Unified School District
- Harold Kaufman, Former Dana Point Mayor
- Ingrid McGuire, Former Dana Point Mayor
- Lois Godfrey, Former President, California Republican Women Federated
Bill Brough has the leadership, experience, and a proven record of accomplishment on city council. He has a long record of public service in the U.S. Army, in Washington, and on city council. Bill and his wife have been married for 11 years and have two children.
In Sacramento, Bill will continue to focus his efforts on California’s wasteful spending and work to get the state’s economy back on track while delivering the same type of effective, responsible, and transparent government he demonstrated in Dana Point.
The 73rd Assembly District includes the South Orange County cities of Aliso Viejo, Dana Point, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, along with the unincorporated communities of Coto de Caza and Ladera Ranch.
For more information, visit www.BillBrough.org