They call themselves the South Orange County Economic Coalition but we know better. Their organization includes the very same usual suspects who have been backing irresponsible development in South Orange County and who are trying to illegally extend the 241 Toll Road (at the same time that the Toll Road Authority is close to going BK). These fools also thought it was a great idea to pump water out of the desert and convey it to South Orange County in pipelines meant for natural gas (Cadiz). And of course they opposed closing the unsafe San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station. These crazy development-mad power-hungry troublemakers are in it for themselves – certainly not for the public good!
They are hosting a public meeting on July 26, 2013, that is entitled “Housing South OC’s Workforce.” Check out the speakers:
- The Hon. Carmen Cave, Mayor, Aliso Viejo (who just got fired by the City of Menifee)
- Mike Balsamo, CEO, Building Industry Association of OC
- Ma’Yan Johnson, Southern Cal. Assoc. of Governments
- Mike Vaughn, VP, Applied Medical
It should come as no surprise that this free event is sponsored by Sempra Energy and the Southern California Gas Company.
This meeting is set for 7:30 pm. I hope that our readers crash the event and ask some tough questions! Click here to register. The event will be held at the Aliso Viejo Country Club, located at 33 Santa Barbara Drive, in Aliso Viejo.
Here are the members of the stick it to us South Orange County Economic Coalition:
- Bieber Communications
- C.J. Segerstrom & Sons
- CARE Ambulance Service
- Cox Communications
- Doctor’s Ambulance Service
- Poseidon Resources
- Professional Community Management
- Saddleback Constructors (Saddleback Constructors is a division of Flatiron – civil engineers that built the tollroads and undoubtedly are looking forward to the contract for the tollroad extension. They are out of Colorado.)
- Santa Margarita Water District
- Southern California Gas Company
- Southern California Edison
- The Toll Roads
These people have no shame!