The suggested campaign donation is $99 per person or $150 per couple. You may sponsor the event for $1K. Call (714) 289-2235 to RSVP. Click here to like his campaign on Facebook.
Whitaker’s campaign priorities are:
- Making sure our City is responsible to the taxpayers of Orange, including a balanced budget,
- Transparency – Orange needs to post pay and benefit information online in a more accessible fashion.
- Crime/Illegal Immigration – Enhance our City’s “Rule of Law” position. No more stand offs by criminals here illegally.
- Streamlining city hall and making Orange a business friendly city committed to job creation.
- Combating traffic gridlock.
- Enhancing public safety by giving police officers and firefighters the tools they need to do their job.
- Renewing our city’s commitment to parks and recreational opportunities.
Fred Whitaker is a husband, father, businessman and community volunteer. His council candidacy springs from a deep devotion to Orange and from his conviction that city government must focus on its fundamental responsibilities to ensure Orange remains a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family.
Fred is a resident of Old Towne, and has been actively involved in Orange civic life as both a businessman and community leader. Fred, his wife Mignon and their children Jayne, Anne and Jack have been active in Orange Little League, KIDS Musical Theater (KMT), Cub/Boy Scouts (Troop 51) and the Orange YMCA Indian Princess program. Fred was also honored with the Silver Award by the Orange County 4-H in recognition of his support for their organization.
Fred is an experienced businessman with deep roots in the economic life of our city. For nearly a decade, he was a senior executive at SC Fuels, a major Orange-based business. Fred also worked to attract and retain businesses in Orange as a member of the Board of Directors of the Orange Chamber of Commerce, and through the Orange Economic Development Partnership – a coalition of community and business leaders and city staff dedicated to promoting the city’s economic growth.
Since he was a young man, Fred’s belief in individual liberty, limited government and a free market as the best guarantees of a free, secure and prosperous society has inspired him to devote time and talent to Republican Party causes. He served as Second Vice Chairman of the Republican Party of Orange County from 1995-1998, and 1st Vice Chairman from 200–2010. Fred has been elected seven times by the residents of Orange to the Republican Central Committee from the 60th Assembly District.
Fred, his wife Mignon were married in 1989 at Orange Covenant Presbyterian Church. They are active members of St. John’s Lutheran Church. Fred serves on the School Board for St. John’s. Fred and Mignon are lifetime members of the Old Towne Preservation Association. He is a partner in the law firm of Cummins & White, LLP, a Newport Beach based firm where he specializes in business transactions. real estate & estate planning.