Diane Harkey is something else. The termed out Assemblywoman is running for the State Board of Equalization just a few months after her husband Dan filed for bankruptcy to stop a lawsuit that accused him of fraud, “using investments to fund the Harkeys’ lavish lifestyle, and contributions from developers of doomed projects financed by Point Center Financial to pay for Diane Harkey’s political career,” according to the OC Weekly. You can read all about the Harkeys and the Point Center Financial scandal here.
Clearly Harkey is the last person on Earth who ought to be running for any office, much less the State Board of Equalization, but that hasn’t stopped a slew of lame Orange County Republicans from endorsing her, including:
- State Senator Mimi Walters
- Orange County Supervisor Pat Bates
- Rancho Santa Margarita Mayor Tony Beall and his wife Jennifer
- Aliso Viejo Mayor Carmen Cave
- Aliso Viejo Mayor Pro Tem Phil Tsunoda
- Laguna Nigeul Councilwoman Linda Lindholm
- Assemblyman Don Wagner
- Orange County Supervisor Todd Spitzer
- Mission Viejo Mayor Rhonda Reardon
- Tustin Mayor Al Murray
- Laguna Niguel Councilman Robert Ming
- Aliso Viejo Councilman Mike Munzing
Eighty investors allegedly got screwed by Dan Harkey. And all of these elected officials could not care less. Shame on them!