FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Youth Express No-War Proclamation in Downtown L.A. March
LOS ANGELES – Over 500 young adults from different youth organizations from Los Angeles and Orange County marched in the 2013 World Peace Youth Walk in downtown Los Angeles from Pershing Square to City Hall on Saturday, June 8th in light of the use of drone attacks in Pakistan despite President Obama’s recent policy shifts.
“I’m not here to discuss who is right and wrong. I just want to see the day of no war and violence,” said Sarah Yang, a student of University of California Los Angeles, “our decisions take the lives of the youth, wasting them in the futility of war. This is not a legacy we can leave to our future generation.”
The march was hosted by the International Peace Youth Group for World Peace and Restoration and a part of a global movement of peace held around the world by various youth organizations. The largest in Seoul, South Korea, took place last week with over 20,000 young people from 130 countries.
The World Peace Youth Walk began with a Declaration of Peace written by the chairman of the Culture of Heaven and World Peace, Mr. Man Hee Lee read in English, Korean and Spanish by representatives of different youth organizations.
“For world peace to become a reality, this is the duty of all youth, everywhere. The only way to stop the fighting and pointless, tragic death is to stop fighting. Nobody can ask for anything greater than this, and know that your efforts—the efforts of the young people of the world today in pursuit of peace—will remain as a never fading light of life for all future generations” said Lee.
The International Peace Youth Group will be hosting a second peace walk, open to the public on July 20th in Los Angeles.
For video footage, please click this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwnZy-Dp9Ie3aTBLd2JrTllqYzg/edit
For more information, please contact Media Relations — Amy Nguyen: 714-584-5114