SHERIFF-CORONER DEPARTMENT, COUNTY OF ORANGE, CALIFORNIA
MEDIA ADVISORY, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contacts: Jim Amormino, (714) 647-7042, Gail Krause, (714) 647-1840
Orange County Peace Officers’ Memorial Ceremony
Law enforcement officers representing 40 Orange County agencies pay tribute to our fallen officers.
TUSTIN, CA – (May 24, 2013) – Charged with protecting those they serve, police officers put themselves in harm’s way to enforce the law. Unfortunately, some officers pay the ultimate price, laying down their own life in valiant service of others. In honor of these fallen heroes, the Sheriff’s Advisory Council and the Orange County Chiefs’ of Police and Sheriff’s Association (OCCPSA) have constructed a new Orange County Peace Officer’s Memorial Monument at the Regional Training Facility in Tustin.
WHAT: Memorial Ceremony at the new Orange County Peace Officers’ Memorial Monument
- Keynote Speaker: Kamala Harris, California Attorney General
- Peace Officers’ Memorial Honor Guard
- A caparisoned horse a.k.a. riderless horse
- Roll call of honor naming each fallen officer on the wall
- The installation of the 52nd name – Special Agent Patrick Dillon
- Fly over of helicopters in ‘missing man’ formation
- 21-gun salute, buglers and bagpiper
WHEN: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.
Media check-in at 9:30 a.m.
WHERE: Orange County Regional Training Academy
15991 Armstrong Avenue, Tustin, CA
WHO: Scheduled to be in attendance:
- Kamala Harris, California Attorney General
- Sandra Hutchens, Orange County Sheriff
- Todd Mattern, President of the Orange County Chiefs’ of Police and Sheriff’s Association and Chief of Los Alamitos Police Department
- Shawn Nelson, Chairman of the Orange County Board of Supervisors
- Todd Spitzer, Orange County Supervisor, 3rd District
# # #
SANDRA HUTCHENS, SHERIFF-CORONER
550 NORTH FLOWER STREET – P.O. BOX 449
SANTA ANA, CALIFORNIA 92702-0449 (714) 647-7042