The Orange County Board of Supervisors will be conducting interviews with the finalists who are campaigning to become Orange County’s next Clerk-Recorder.
Here is the schedule for Tuesday April 2nd, courtesy of the OC Political blog – the names of the candidates are linked to the packets they submitted to the Board of Supervisors, including their resumes:
- 9:00 AM-9:10 AM – Opening of Meeting
- 9:10 AM-9:40 AM – Larry Bales
- 9:45 AM-10:15 AM – Chris Norby
- 10:20 AM-10:50 AM – Hieu Nguyen
- 10:55 AM-11:25 AM – Dick Ackerman
- 11:30 AM-12:00 PM – Bruce Peotter
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Lunch
- 1:00 PM-1:30 PM – Harry Sidhu
- 1:35 PM-2:05 PM – Michael J. Fox
- 2:10 PM-2:40 PM – Steven Madoff
- 2:45 PM-3:15 PM – Steven Rosansky
- 3:20 PM-3:50 PM – Roy Reynolds
- 3:55 PM-4:25 PM – Renee Ramirez
- 4:25 PM-TBA – Deliberation & Selection
You can forget about Renee Ramirez getting the appointment. She shot herself in the foot with her involvement in the scheme by the previous Clerk-Recorder, Tom Daly, to pay Jordan Brandman over $24K for a report he appears to have copied off of Wikipedia – a report he was paid for even though he never completed it.
I think the finalists will be Hugh Nguyen, who used to work for the previous Clerk-Recorder, Gary Granville, and who now works for the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors; Bruce Peotter, an attorney and OC GOP player who has worked for the County before, in the office of the O.C. Public Administrator/Guardian; and Dick Ackerman, a former State Senator who will be able to raise campaign money for the four Supervisors who are currently running for other offices.
If the Supervisors wanted to hire a great conservative thinker who will cut waste at the Clerk-Recorder’s office they would be well-served to go with Roy Reynolds, but most likely they will go with Nguyen, Peotter or Ackerman.
I can’t see Chris Norby getting the job. He just is a terrible fit for Clerk-Recorder and while he has done some good things over the years, he does have baggage that this appointment doesn’t need.