The OC Political blog has reported that the 11 finalists for Clerk-Recorder who will be interviewed publicly at a Board of Supervisors meeting will be:
- Dick Ackerman (pictured above), 4 nominations (Moorlach, Spitzer, Nelson, Bates)
- Larry Bales, 3 nominations (Spitzer, Nelson, Bates)
- Michael J. Fox, 2 nominations (Nguyen, Spitzer)
- Steven Madoff, 2 nominations (Moorlach, Bates)
- Hieu Nguyen, 5 nominations
- Chris Norby, 4 nominations (Nguyen, Spitzer, Nelson, Bates)
- Bruce Peotter, 5 nominations
- Renee Ramirez, 5 nominations
- Roy Reynolds, 2 nominations (Nguyen, Spitzer)
- Steve Rosansky, 3 nominations (Moorlach, Spitzer, Bates)
- Harry Sidhu, 2 nominations (Nguyen, Bates)
Click here for more information.
As you can see the list is chock full of professional politicians and GOP grassroots activists. But there are also quite a few professionals and businessmen on the list and at least two nominees who work or have worked for the Orange County Clerk-Recorder’s office.
There are four Supervisors running for other offices. Will they choose the nominee who can raise the most money for their campaigns? If so you have to figure that Dick Ackerman is on their short list.