How mundane, common and Public Sector. What a complete waste of time. New OCTA CEO Darrell Johnson has gone to the Boilerplate & Government Cliché Dictionary to find an unimaginative, pedestrian list of goals for his $1.1 billion Agency.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Joel Zlotnik (714) 560-5713
Laura Scheper (714) 560-5697
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 11, 2013
New OCTA Chief Executive Announces Initiatives for 2013
CEO Darrell Johnson’s efforts support the values, vision, mission and goals of OCTA
ORANGE – At his first board meeting as the new Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) CEO, Darrell Johnson unveiled his strategic initiatives for the year ahead, placing a high priority on creating services to meet community needs, ensuring sustainability of transit systems and advancing the delivery of Measure M2 projects.
Johnson’s priorities call for delivering programs that will improve the quality of life for all Orange County residents.
“This is an exciting time for OCTA as we work proactively to deliver transportation improvements that will keep Orange County moving,” said Johnson. “OCTA has an aggressive program of projects and I’m eager to carry out my initiatives that will help ensure our community continues to grow in a positive direction.”
The strategic initiatives unveiled by Johnson today include:
· Advance delivery of M2020 programs
· Optimize existing transportation systems
· Engage stakeholders and regional partners
· Create services to meet community and customer needs
· Safeguard taxpayer transportation dollars
· Ensure a fiscally sustainable transit system
· Promote environmentally friendly initiatives
· Underscore a commitment to health and safety
· Cultivate a top-notch workforce