FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 1, 2013
Contact: Howard Sutter, 714.834.6203, Howard.Sutter@ocgov.com
County Launches Re-Designed Website
(Santa Ana, CA) — The County of Orange has officially launched its re-designed website, www.ocgov.com, which includes a fresh new look, enhanced features, and streamlined navigation.
“This achievement has been a model for successful teamwork, and we have all been rewarded with a site that the County and our constituents can truly be proud of,” said Mahesh Patel, Chief Information Officer.
Last April, the Board of Supervisors approved a contract with Civica Software to replace the County’s existing web content management system after a competitive Request for Proposal process was completed.
This contract represents the County’s first managed-services model that establishes quality control metrics for Civica’s performance. By moving to a managed services model, the County is expected to save about 50 percent for the eGov program relative to the prior model. Public Information and Information Technology staff from participating agencies and departments partnered with the vendor in the design process to consider important elements that would impact visitors. The resulting changes are already making the online experience more intuitive and visually pleasing. These include:
• Interactive maps for County libraries, facilities and parks
• Real time park status updates posted from the field
• Library catalog search
• Google search of website content
• Simplified content organized into seven new top tabs on the County homepage
• Popular Item and Resources sections that provide quick links to the most sought after information
• Countywide and department-specific events calendars
• MyOC application that enables visitors to register and customize a personalized version of the website
• Enhanced disaster recovery to keep the website online during emergencies
# # #