2013 Point in Time Count and Survey of the Homeless
The County, in collaboration with OC Partnership and the Commission to End Homelessness, is preparing to conduct Orange County’s one-day “Point in Time Count and Survey of the Homeless” on the morning of January 26, 2013. The effort is to help ensure all of our homeless residents are counted so we can help be a part of systems change needed to address this important regional issue.
We encourage our District residents to consider how to support this important effort beyond the holiday giving season to ensure people living in desperate circumstances are “counted” and that we as a community can help be a part of the solution.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26th – meet at 4:00 am at one of five (5) Deployment Centers, deploy to areas at 5:00 am and return around 8:00 am
There are five Deployment Centers located throughout Orange County:
- OC Partnership – 1505 E. 17th Street, Ste. 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Collette’s Children Home – 17301 Beach Blvd., Suite 23, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
- Orange County Rescue Mission – One Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782
- Fullerton Community Center – 340 West Commonwealth Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832
- Family Assistance Ministries – 1030 Calle Negocio, San Clemente, CA 92673
Over 1,000 volunteers are needed, to serve as:
- FIELD TEAMS (identify and count homeless in predetermined mapped areas)
- FIELD SURVEYORS (getting to know those in need by administering a short survey)
- SUPPORT CREW (helping those in the field at a “Deployment Center”)
- HOMELESS GUIDES (if you are a Service Agency, we ask that you recommend responsible people)
Training is required and will be provided, starting on January 13th and running throughout the week, at the five (5) Deployment Centers, which are aligned with the Districts. A makeup session will be held the week of January 20th.
HOW TO SIGN UP & TRAINING INFORMATION
Go to the Homeless Count website www.pointintimeoc.org and sign up to Volunteer.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call Sharon McKeag Ash of OC Partnership at: 714-288-4007 ext. 1116