Vehicle Anti-Theft Crime Prevention Campaign Announcement
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 28, 2012
WHO: Orange County Supervisor Janet Nguyen, who represents the Cities of Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Westminster, unincorporated area of Midway City and portions of Fountain Valley, in cooperation with Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens, Chief Probation Officer Steve Sentman, Garden Grove Police Chief Kevin Raney and Westminster Police Chief Kevin Baker.
WHAT: A press conference will be held to announce the launch of a collaborative crime prevention effort consisting of media announcements and shopping center caution signs in the Little Saigon Business Districts within the Cities of Garden Grove, Westminster and the unincorporated community of Midway City. The goal of the campaign is to combat a wave of thefts and burglaries from vehicles by presenting measures for the public to take in order to be cautious during the holiday season.
WHEN: Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:30 a.m – 10:00 a.m.
WHERE: Asian Village (Parking lot) 9191 Bolsa Avenue Westminster, CA 92863 (Across from Asian Garden Mall) WHY: To introduce a crime prevention campaign designed to educate and inform the public about preventative measures to minimize their chances of being victimized in retail centers that have experienced an increase in vehicle burglaries and thefts. First District Supervisor Janet Nguyen is leading the collaborative effort in her District to educate the public in order to prevent these crimes from continuing and spreading.
- Christy Delp, Policy Advisor/Communications Director, Office of Orange County Supervisor Janet Nguyen, (714) 834-3110
- Bridget Kelly, Government Relations Manager, Orange County Sheriff’s Department, (714) 647-1834
- Ed Harrison, Public Information Officer, OC Probation Department, (714) 569-2166
- Lt. Jeff Nightengale, Public Information Officer, Garden Grove Police Department, (714) 741-5340
- Sgt. Cameron Knauerhaze, Public Information Officer, Westminster Police Department, (714) 548-3791