SACRAMENTO, Calif. , Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The YES on PROP 33 team wants to remind California of the TRUE language behind Proposition 33.
Under Proposition 33, consumers will be able to switch insurance companies and keep their continuous coverage discount. Prop 33 creates a more robust, competitive insurance market.
“Californians deserve a more robust market where insurance companies compete for our business,” said Rachel Hooper , “Proposition 33 will lower costs for Californians; consumers deserve to be rewarded for being responsible.”
In addition to creating more competition within the auto insurance industry, Prop 33 also protects individuals who are not protected under current law.
“One of the greatest aspects of Prop 33 is the protection it gives to our military personnel, young drivers, and those who have been furloughed or laid off,” continued Hooper. “There is a reason why veterans groups in California and leaders from both parties support Proposition 33.”
In the past months, Proposition 33 has received a wave of support from groups such as the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) of California , American GI Forum, Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC), California Association of Highway Patrolmen, CDF Firefighters Local 2881, California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, The Greenlining Institute, former Democratic Speaker of Assembly Willie Brown, and former Republican Senate Minority Leader Jim Brulte .
Proposition 33 was written to be inclusive, with the ultimate goal of insuring more Californians to make our roads safer. Proposition 33 is a good idea.
Read Proposition 33 for yourself at www.YESProp33.com, and see why there is no debating Proposition 33.
Growing List of Proposition 33 Supporters Includes:
- American Legion
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) of California
- American GI Forum
- The Greenlining Institute
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- CDF Firefighters Local 2881
- California Association of Highway Patrolmen
- Senator Juan Vargas, Former Chair of the Assembly Insurance Committee
- Willie Brown, Former Democratic Speaker of the Assembly
- Jim Brulte, Former Republican Senate Minority Leader
- California Republican Party
- Former Lieutenant Governor of California, Cruz Bustamante
- Don Perata, Democratic leader and former California Senate President pro Tempore
- American Agents Alliance, representing thousands of independent insurance agents and brokers from throughout California
- Slavic American Chamber of Commerce
- Merced Filipino Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce
- Asian American Business Women’s Association
- Asian Business Association of Orange County
- Asian Americans in Commercial Real Estate
- Council for Asian American Business Associations
- Southeast Asian Community Center
- Asian Business Association of Los Angeles
- Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles
- Global Network Solutions
- Corona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Alameda County
- South Bay Latino Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco African American Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Phoenix Urban League