The Fountain Valley School District’s Board of Trustees will consider a resolution Thursday night that would start the process for a potential bond issue by conducting a survey of local voters to gauge support, according to the Fountain Valley Patch.
I wrote about this before – and the same warning holds true now. The Fountain Valley School District’s Board of Education is dominated by retired and current teachers and administrators. They are likely going after this property tax increase so as to pay off pensions, not invest in any new technology. The district has been shutting down schools for years as registration figures continue to plummet. Why ask the voters to increase their property taxes while shuttering schools?
If you live in this school district, you better start contacting your board members now and tell them not to put this fraudulent bond measure on the November ballot. Here are the Fountain Valley School Board members:
- Mr. Ian Collins, President – email@example.com. Collins was elected to the Board of Trustees in November 2008 and will be up for reelection in 2012. He and wife Julie have resided in the Fountain Valley School District for over 30 years. They have three children: Jane, Iain and Jeffrey all of whom are teachers. He has over 39 years of experience in education serving as a teacher, assistant principal and principal.
- Mrs. Christine Allcorn, President Pro-Tem – firstname.lastname@example.org. Allcorn was first elected to the Board of Trustees in November 2004. She and husband Marc reside in the Fulton-Tamura area and have two children. Christine graduated California State University, Long Beach with a degree in liberal arts-history and is a credentialed teacher. Allcorn began serving her second term in December 2008 and will be up for reelection in 2012.
- Mrs. Sandra Crandall, Clerk – email@example.com. Mrs. Sandra Crandall was elected to the Board of Trustees in November, 2010. As a resident of Fountain Valley for over 16 years, she resides within the Moiola-Fulton boundaries. Mrs. Crandall graduated from Principia College in Illinois. She is a credentialed teacher who served the children and their families of Fountain Valley School District for 39 years prior to retirement.
- Mr. Jimmy Templin, Member – firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr. Jimmy Templin is a 25 year resident of Fountain Valley. Templin has 18 years of experience in education, serving as an instructional aide, a special education teacher, and is currently an administrator in the El Rancho Unified School District.
- Mrs. Judith Edwards, Member – email@example.com. Edwards, who resides in the Plavan-Masuda attendance area, was elected in 1998 and reelected in 2002, 2006 and 2010. She will be up for re-election in 2014. Edwards is a retired educator, having worked as a special education teacher in the Westminster School District.
Stop this rip off before it happens!