California Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the appointment of Ashleigh Aitken, a Democrat and the daughter of the powerful attorney Wylie Aitken, to the Orange County Fair Board, according to a press release.
Ashleigh Aitken, 36, of Anaheim, has been appointed to the 32nd District Agricultural Association, Orange County Fair Board. She has been of counsel at Aitken Aitken Cohn since 2010. She was an assistant U.S. Attorney in the Central District of California from 2008 to 2010, an associate at Morrison and Foerster LLP from 2005 to 2008 and an associate at Nossman Guthner Knox and Elliot LLP from 2002 to 2005. Aitken earned a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law. This position does not require Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Aitken is a Democrat.
Check out all the organizations Ashleigh belongs to – she appears to be a real Super Mom:
- Orange County Women Lawyers, Past President and Board Member (2002-present);
- Orange County Bar Association, Board Member (2004-2010);
- Anaheim Community Services Board (2004-present);
- Celtic Bar Association, Vice-President and Member (2002-present);
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member;
- Hispanic Bar Association, former Vice-President and Board Member, Member (2002-present);
- Orange County Bar Foundation, Board Member (2004-2007);
- Member, Central District of California, Pro Bono Panel;
- South Coast Repertory Theatre, Gala Committee Member (2005-present);
- MOMS Club, Anaheim Hills West, Vice-President (2007-present).
- Orange County Bar Association- Secretary (2012)
- Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars (2012)
- National Trials Lawyers- Top 40 Under 40 (2012)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)-Board of Governors at Large (2012)
Brown also appointed Stan Tkaczyk, 66, of Newport Beach, to the Orange County Fair Board. Tkaczyk is a Republican.
Tkaczyk served as president for the Rainbow Disposal Company from 1994 to 2004, after serving as vice president from 1971 to 1994. He serves on the Neuro-Science Advisory Board for the Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital and is a member of the Benefactor Program at the Hoag Hospital Foundation. Tkaszyk is a past president of the California Refuse Removal Council. This position does not require Senate confirmation and there is no compensation.
I don’t know who is being replaced on the O.C. Fair Board, but the longest serving members are Daly Dykema, a Republican, and Gary Hayakawa – the only one on the board with actual farming experience.
Aitken will no doubt team up with fellow Democrats Nick Berardino (head of the OCEA) and Gerardo Mouet (Santa Ana Parks and Rec Agency Director). That is fine with me as long as this bunch doesn’t start giving away free food and booze and concert tickets to their blue pals.
I visited the O.C. Fair last year. It is full of greasy overpriced food, lame entertainment and the usual carnies. The animals are OK, but don’t seem particularly happy with their lot in life. Many of them have surely been eaten by now.
According to the O.C. Register, Ashleigh likes to ride horses and she keeps a horse at the O.C. Fairground stables. Presumably then we won’t be seeing any horse kabobs at the Fair this year.
Oh yeah, Assemblyman Jose Solorio issued a pointless butt-kissing press release about the appointments.