Julio Perez, the ultra-left labor consultant Democrat, and Anaheim resident, who is running for the 69th Assembly District, has only raised just over $22,000, according to the California Secretary of State. Click here to see his campaign finance report in Microsoft Excel.
That is a pretty dismally low figure. The other three Democrats running have not filed their campaign finance forms yet. Here are a few fun facts from Perez’ report:
Anaheim Councilwoman Lorri Galloway and Julio Perez – two peas in a pod…
- Only five of his contributors live in Santa Ana.
- Only four of his contributors live in Anaheim.
- Perhaps 9 of his contributors live in the 69th Assembly District
- Of the 44 contributions he received, 16 appear to be from unions or individuals employed by or otherwise associated with unions
- Only 20 of his contributors live in Orange County
- Four of his contributors are lawyers
Perez has never run for any elective office before. He is going to have to spend a fortune to prevail in the open primary. So far he has raised enough money for a mailer to perhaps half of the Democratic voters in the district. That is not going to cut it if Perez is serious about succeeding termed-out Assemblyman Jose Solorio.
I hear that Martinez has raised quite a bit more than Perez – the figure will astound you when she files the report.